Terms and conditions for reservations and bookings at Port nan Gael Inn
The type of personal information we collect
We currently collect and process the following information:
- Personal identifiers, contacts and characteristics (for example, name and contact details)
- Vehicle registration
- Dates of previous visits
- Number of children or pets visiting
- Ferry reservations
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you on Pitchup, our website Portnangael.co.uk, or booking agents including Booking.com for one of the following reasons:
- To ensure the pitch or room or cottage or table is suitable for your visiting party.
- To allow us to reach out to you when you are on our site
- To allow us to find your vehicle in an emergency
- To ensure we can send information emails in advance and on departure of your stay – these include management of booking payments and recovering unpaid funds
- Addressing breach of contracts, site rules or terms and conditions
- To allow us to send out newsletters
We may share this information between Inn at Port nan Gael or Port nan Gael Campsite only.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
(a) Your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting Chermaine Laurie (details above).
(b) We have a contractual obligation.
(c) We have a legal obligation.
How we store your personal information
Your booking information including contact details information is securely stored through our booking company GemaPark (Net Guides Limited SC03184437).
We keep personal details as above for 5 years. We will then dispose of your information by deleting files and shredding anything that was kept in paper files.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at Chermaine Laurie email@example.com if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns about our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us on details below. We will respond to you within 14 working days to confirm we have received your complaint, we will thereafter provide a full response to you following another 14 working days.
Contact: Chermaine Laurie
Address: Port nan Gael Campsite, Pennyghael, Isle of Mull, PA706HB
Phone Number: 07379 059 547
You can also complain to the ICO if you are unhappy with how we have used your data.
The ICO’s address:
Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Helpline number: 0303 123 1113 // ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk